Even the most seasoned, alert motorcycle rider — who never rides without a helmet — can be critically injured in a motorcycle accident. That is because motorcyclists are highly exposed and have far less protection than car or truck passengers.
The financial losses associated with a motorcycle accident can be staggering. You need the expertise of Chionuma Law Firm, LLC motorcycle accident attorneys. We will help you find the best medical experts to treat your injuries and we will fight for deserved compensation to cover medical expenses and lost wages, as well as other losses.
Our initial consultations are free and we do not get paid until and unless we win your case. Call (816) 744-6262, 800-923-8216 (toll free) or submit our contact form.
Many motorists involved in an accident with a motorcycle report that they never saw the motorcycle. Motorcycles are harder to see and may remain in the motorist's blind spot for longer. Bikers are particularly vulnerable when changing lanes or making a turn.
Even a low-speed, low-impact motorcycle accident may lead to serious injuries, including:
Factors that may contribute to a motorcycle accident:
- Road hazards (tar snakes, potholes, debris, etc.)
- Motorcycle defects
- Inattentive driving (including texting or talking on the phone)
- Lack of respect for motorcyclists
Too often insurance companies try to put the blame on the motorcyclist. Their claims adjusters and attorneys may question the biker's skill, attentiveness, speed or they may even assume they are an aggressive driver because they drive a motorcycle.
In the event of a Missouri motorcycle accident, you need to immediately take action to protect your rights. The following steps are vital:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident unless you need to seek medical attention.
- Do not let anyone move anything prior to debris pattern documentation.
- Take pictures with your phone immediately (skid marks, debris, other physical evidence).
- Obtain the name, address, phone number, license plate number, vehicle registration number and insurance information from the driver(s) of the other vehicle(s).
- Give the basic facts to the investigating officer. Do not offer any speculation or apologies.
- Do not discuss the accident with the other drivers or their insurance representatives.
- Do not pay or promise to pay any claimant.
- Retain an experienced motorcycle accident attorney immediately. An attorney will be able to advise you of your legal rights to seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
Chionuma Law Firm, LLC motorcycle accident attorneys are skilled, aggressive litigators. We will pursue every avenue of recovery in your case. Call (816) 744-6262 or 800-923-8216 (toll free) for a free case review. We offer the personal attention of a small law firm with the expertise and experience of a large firm.
Accepting motorcycle accident bodily injury and wrongful death claim clients from cities across Missouri, including: Arnold, Belton, Blue Springs, Cape Girardeau, Carthage, Chesterfield, Columbia, Excelsior Springs, Farmington, Florissant, Fulton, Grandview, Hannibal, Holt, Independence, Jackson, Joplin, Kansas City, Kearney, Kennett, Kirksville, Kirkwood, Lebanon, Lees Summit, Liberty, Marshall, Maryville, Mexico, Moberly, Nixa, O'Fallon, Poplar Bluff, Rolla, Saint Charles, Saint Joseph, Saint Louis, Saint Peters, Sedalia, Sikeston, Springfield, Warrensburg, Washington, West Plains, Wildwood and Kansas City, Kansas.
Missouri Interstates and Routes: Route 24, Route 36, Route 50, Route 54, Route 59, Route 60, Route 61, Route 63, Route 65, Route 67, 47th Street and Parallel Parkway, 37th and South Mill, Route 69, Route 71, Route 71A, Route 136, Route 159, Route 160, Route 169, Interstate 29, Interstate 35, Interstate 55, Interstate 57, Interstate 44, Interstate 70.
Most popular motorcycles in U.S. are: 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2012 Suzuki GSX-R 1000, 2012 Honda CBR 250R, 2012 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2010 Can-Am Spyder Roadster RS, 2012 Honda Rebel Base, 2009 Honda CBR 600RR, 2012 Ducati 848 EVO Base, 2011 BMW S 1000 RR